作者：Bob Killen (University of Michigan), Jorge Castro (VMware), Brian Grant (Google), and Ihor Dvoretskyi (CNCF) 2019 指导委员会选举 是 Kubernetes 项目的重要里程碑。最初的自助委员会正逐步退休，现在该委员会已缩减到最后分配的 7 个席位。指导委员会的所有成员现在都由 Kubernetes 社区选举产生。 接下来的选举将选出 3 到 4 名委员，任期两年。 <!–
The Kubernetes Steering Committee Election is now complete and the following candidates came ahead to secure two-year terms that start immediately (in alphabetical order by GitHub handle): –>
Kubernetes 指导委员会选举现已完成，以下候选人提前获得立即开始的两年任期 (按 GitHub handle 的字母顺序排列) ：
- Christoph Blecker (@cblecker), Red Hat
- Derek Carr (@derekwaynecarr), Red Hat
- Nikhita Raghunath (@nikhita), Loodse
- Paris Pittman (@parispittman), Google 他们加入了 Aaron Crickenberger (@spiffxp)， Google；Davanum Srinivas (@dims)，VMware; and Timothy St. Clair (@timothysc), VMware，使得委员会更圆满。Aaron、Davanum 和 Timothy 占据的这些席位将会在明年的这个时候进行选举。
- And also thanks to the other Emeritus Steering Committee Members. Your prior service is appreciated by the community: –>
- Thanks to the candidates that came forward to run for election. May we always have a strong set of people who want to push the community forward like yours in every election.
- Thanks to all 377 voters who cast a ballot.
- And last but not least…Thanks to Cornell University for hosting CIVS! –>
- 感谢参选的候选人。 愿在每次选举中，我们都能拥有一群像您一样推动社区向前发展的人。
最后，感谢康奈尔大学举办的 CIVS! <!–
Get Involved with the Steering Committee
You can follow along with Steering Committee backlog items and weigh in by filing an issue or creating a PR against their repo. They meet bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 8pm UTC and regularly attend Meet Our Contributors. They can also be contacted at their public mailing list email@example.com.
Steering Committee Meetings: –>
指导委员会会议： * YouTube 播放列表
Welcome to the new Kubernetes Blog. Follow this blog to learn about the Kubernetes Open Source project. We plan to post release notes, how-to articles, events, and maybe even some off topic fun here from time to time.
If you are using Kubernetes or contributing to the project and would like to do a guest post, please let me know.
To start things off, here’s a roundup of recent Kubernetes posts from other sites:
- Scaling MySQL in the cloud with Vitess and Kubernetes
- Container Clusters on VMs
- Everything you wanted to know about Kubernetes but were afraid to ask
- What makes a container cluster?
- Integrating OpenStack and Kubernetes with Murano
- An introduction to containers, Kubernetes, and the trajectory of modern cloud computing
- What is Kubernetes and how to use it?
- OpenShift V3, Docker and Kubernetes Strategy
- An Introduction to Kubernetes
Happy cloud computing!
- Kit Merker - Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform